Injuries force Zidane to stick with youth team players
None of the many injured key Real Madrid players have recovered in time for the weekend's LaLiga clash against Real Valladolid.
As Real Madrid prepare for Saturday's trip to the José Zorrilla stadium in Valladolid, once again Zidane must make do without the likes Hazard, Rodrygo, Valverde, Odriozola, Militao along with Ramos, Marcelo and Carvajal who are all absent through injury. The first five are working in the gym and hope to rejoin the squad next week with both Militao and Odriozola now running and working their way back from their muscular issues.
None of the eight players are expected to be ready for Saturday's game with Tuesday's trip to Bérgamo looming next week as Real Madrid face atalanta in the Round of 16 in the Champions League. The light on the horizon for Zizou is the likelihood of Fede Valverde being ready to travel with the squad for the European clash.
For Saturday's LaLiga test, Zidane only has 14 regular first team players available and will call upon the Real Madrid Castilla squad as he did for recent games against Getafe (with Chust, Miguel Gutiérrez, Blanco, Arribas and Marvin) getting a call-up with Chust, Miguel Gutiérrez and Arribas being recalled for the game against Valencia.
Te recomendamos en English
- E3 2021 Ubisoft Forward conference at E3 2021: times, stream online and how to watch
- US News Which European countries accept vaccinated travelers from the US?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT $3,000/$3,600 Child Tax Credit: how do I know if should have received the IRS letter?
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in Euro 2021? Saturday 12 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- ROLAND GARROS How many times has Nadal lost a match at Roland Garros?
- US News Fact check: can covid-19 vaccines make you magnetic?