Bournemouth in talks with Montreal over Thierry Henry
The Championship club have formally requested permission from the Major League Soccer side to talk to Thierry Henry about the managing job.
Thierry Henry joined Montreal Impact in 2019 after a short stint at Monaco and he took the club to the 2020 MLS Cup playoffs in his second year in Major League Soccer. Henry has a two-year deal with an option to extend it until 2023 but the former Barcelona and Arsenal star has been vocal about returning to England if the opportunity presents itself.
Bournemouth make Henry approach
According to reports, Bournemouth have officially requested permission from the Impact to talk with Henry about the managerial vacancy at the Vitality Stadium for the second half of the season. Henry has emerged as the Cherries' top candidate after they parted ways with Jason Tindall.
Bournemouth spent five seasons in the Premier League but were relegated last season and are making a late run to return to England’s top tier. The Cherries were beaten 2-1 by QPR on Saturday with Jonathan Woodgate in charge of the team as the interim manager.
However, Bournemouth remain in sixth place and the board feel Henry is the right man for the job and a deal could be reached as early as next week.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid team news: Fede Valverde out of Getafe game due to coronavius contact
- LaLiga Getafe vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- NBA Lakers star Andre Drummond revels in surreal moment after Staples Center win
- F1 Miami Grand Prix added to Formula One calendar from 2022
- US NEWS Covid vaccine in the US live updates today: J&J vaccine recall, blood clots, Fauci, My Turn...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim