Education City and Ahmed Bin Ali nominated for Stadium of the Year
The two venues in Qatar, that will host games at the World Cup in 2022, are on the shortlist for the prestigious stadium awards.
Qatar’s Education City and Ahmed Bin Ali stadiums are on the list of the 20 best stadiums in the world, having been nominated for the Stadium of the Year award.
The annual awards, held by StadiumDB.com, include the two World Cup venues on the shortlist of the best stadiums in the world, with voting continuing to 7 March. The list includes stadiums from the USA, Romania, Switzerland, Japan, Australia, Ivory Coast, Malaysia, China, Turkey and Chile.
The two Qatar stadiums are the latest to be officially inaugurated by the Supreme Committee for Delivery and Legacy, responsible for managing the projects for FIFA Qatar 2022.
Education City was inaugurated in June last year, with a virtual celebration due to the impact of the pandemic, while the Ahmed Bin Ali venue was inaugurated on 18 December 2022 ahead of the Final of the Amir Cup of Qatar, with 20,000 fans present, representing 50% of the capacity, in the interests of everyone’s health and safety.
The World Club Cup was held at Education City and Ahmed Bin Ali, with Bayern Munich lifting the title for the second time.
Four world cup stadiums for 2022 have now been completed. In addition to Education City and Ahmed Bin Ali, two other grounds have been inaugurated: Al Khalifa International and Al Janoub. More than one stadium is expected to be inaugurated this year ahead of FIFA Qatar 2022.
Recommended in English
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers’ net worth?
- NFL Aaron Rodgers calls out Biden's 'fake White House' after vaccine spat
- NFL How and where to watch Bills v Chiefs: Kickoff time, TV channel, live stream
- NFL 49ers 13 vs. 10 Packers summary: Gould FG seals Niners win, stats, and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Burrow sacked nine times in Bengals win over Titans
- NFL Chiefs Tyreek Hill fined $12K for pom-pom celebration vs Steelers