Real Madrid chief Florentino Pérez under attack from Freixa
FC Barcelona presidential candidate has a new selection of campaign posters, one in which he calls Los Blancos' president "VARentino".
As we enter the decisive phase of the FC Barcelona's election campaign, the tone is getting ever stronger. If the pre-election contest began with the impact of Joan Laporta's giant banner on the façade of a building near the Santiago Bernabéu with the slogan, "I want to see you again", now it is Toni Freixa who is hitting it hard, with the candidate putting up a series of posters all over Barcelona with slogans that make direct reference to Florentino Pérez and Joan Laporta.
Real Madrid's "VARentino" Pérez
"I will not allow VARentino to control LaLiga," is the slogan on one of these posters, which can be seen in bus shelters across the Catalan capital. Freixa, who in his radio appearances on COPE had already been particularly belligerent towards referees, and with this takes a direct shot at the president of rivals Real Madrid.
Although taking a dig at your footballing enemy may please some fans, the favourite target for his posters is former president, and competitor in these elections, Joan Laporta, who he mocks for not making appearances at the presidential debates. Only Freixa and Font have been at them thus far.
And the taunts go further than that, as the Freixa campaign points to the disastrous management of Joan Oliver (who was CEO of Barça during Laporta's last reign) as the head of C.F. Reus. "Today is a good day to go for breakfast in Reus, don't you think?" reads the poster.
Laporta has always stated that he had nothing to do with the management of the Reus club.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Denver Broncos at NFL Draft 2021: Which players could they pick?
- UFC Dana White wants UFC to return to Mexico
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN IRS $3,000 child tax credit: when will the monthly payments begin?
- EARTH DAY 2021 What is the Earth Day and why it's celebrated today?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Will the IRS send supplemental payments to 2020 tax filers?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Fourth stimulus check: what entities are pressuring Biden to make a new payment?