"I played for Real Madrid and I learned that the you must win the 'Clásicos'" - Fidalgo
Álvaro Fidalgo has played for Real Madrid’s youth academy and this year he arrived at Club América on loan at the request of manager Santiago Solari.
Chivas and Club América will face each other on Sunday on matchday 11 of the 2021 Guardianes tournament at the Akron stadium. This is Mexico’s biggest football rivalry and only a few players know what it is like to play this kind of game. Even though Álvaro Fidalgo arrived on loan at América this year, he knows what it feels like to play a ‘Clásico.’
The Spanish footballer played for many years in Real Madrid’s youth academies and he even made it to RM Castilla in 2016. So Fidalgo faced FC Barcelona many times, in one of the biggest rivalries in the world, in the youth levels and he knows that they can’t lose this type of game.
“We will face Chivas on Sunday and I know that you can’t lose against your rival. You must win this game and we will play to win. It is not about who plays better, it is about who wins at the end of the 90 minutes. Right now América is reaching their peak and that is why we are in second place,” he said during an interview with TUDN.
Fidalgo reunited with Solari
Santiago Solari and Fidalgo are now reunited at América after their time together at Castilla. The 23-year-old is adapting well to the Liga MX and he is slowly becoming a key player for Solari. He has made four appearances and has started in all of them.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: FDA approves Pfizer for 12-15 year olds, side effects, Indian variant...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $2,000 monthly stimulus, Golden State payment tracker, Child Tax Credit...
- Serie A Champions Inter Milan have 'serious financial problems' – Zanetti
- BARCELONA Neymar: Al-Khelaifi warns Barcelona not to push for Messi reunion
- NBA LeBron James injury: how long has he been out and how many games missed?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Who is Daniel Ek, the Spotify CEO who wants to buy Arsenal?