When is the 2021 Champions League final played? and where?
The 2020/21 Champions League final will be played in Instanbul. Turkey was originally set to host last year’s final which in the end was moved to Porto.
2021 Champions League final in Istanbul
All of them will be hoping to go all the way to the final which this year, will be played at the Atatürk Olympic Stadium in Instanbul, Turkey on Saturday 29 May at a time yet to be determined by UEFA. Recent finals have kicked off at 21:00 hours CET. The Atatürk is the largest stadium in Turkey, with a capacity of 76,761 and has hosted the Champions League final once before – the memorable meeting between AC Milan and Liverpool on 25 May 2005 in which Rafa Benítez’s side roared back after going 0-3 down to clinch the match and the trophy on penalties.
The Atatürk had originally been designated to stage the 2019/20 final but in the middle of the coronavirus pandemic, UEFA decided to postpone all of the games corresponding to the latter stages of the tournament (quarter finals, semi-finals, final and some Last 16 return legs) which were played in Lisbon. Last year’s final between PSG and Bayern Munich was played at Estádio da Luz, Lisbon instead of the Atatürk.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- Stimulus Checks Second $600 Golden State stimulus check: when will I receive it and how to track
- US NEWS California stimulus check: when will the payments arrive and who qualifies?
- PSG Lionel Messi's PSG contract details revealed
- Soccer Pele in hospital: daughter says he's recovering well
- MLB MLB results: Los Angeles Dodgers beaten by Cincinnati Reds