Daryl Dike nets brace in Barnsley's victory against Luton
The United States striker has not stopped scoring in the Championship since joining Barnsley on loan on 1 February from Orlando City SC.
Daryl Dike did it again with Barnsley in the English Championship. The United States striker now has seven goals in 13 appearances with Barnsley vying for promotion to the Premier League with six games left in the 2020/21 season.
Dike scored a brace to give Barnsley the 2-1 victory against Luton Town on Monday morning and they have climbed to fifth place in the Championship with 68 points and a record of 20-8-12. The United States striker has adapted well to England’s second tier league and he won March’s FLW Fans’ Player of the Month award in the Championship.
Apart from winning the Player of the Month Award, Dike was included in WhoScored’s Team of the Month and won Barnsley’s goal of the month award in March in the Championship as well. His good performances have ignited the interest of Everton and Chelsea, both of whom could make a bid to Orlando to sign the USMNT striker.
The MLS franchise has been clear that any team interested in signing Dike will have to pay his $20 million price tag. Currently Barnsley have a clause in the deal to sign Dike permanently from Orlando City SC, but they will only pay that fee if they get promoted to the Premier League for next season.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Do you need to work to claim the child tax credit?
- EURO 2020 Germany's Goretzka in race against time for Euros
- EUROPA LEAGUE Manchester United: Harry Maguire doubtful for Europa League final
- STIMULUS CHECKS How much were the first, second and third stimulus checks and when were they sent out?
- US NEWS Third stimulus check: have all payments been issued and paid?
- BARCELONA Barcelona's continual struggles against top teams