The story behind Siebatcheu debut jersey with the USMNT
The American striker from Young Boys made his debut with the United States men’s national team during the FIFA international break of March.
The United States men’s national team keeps building their roster ahead of the 2020 Gold Cup, Nations League and the CONCACAF World Cup qualifiers in September. For their first set of friendlies of the year USMNT coach Gregg Berhalter called some players for camp that made their debut with the senior team.
Jordan Siebatcheu commits to the USMNT
One of them was the striker from Young Boys who a couple of weeks ago declared himself ready to represent the United States in the international competitions. The 24-year-old was eligible to play for France or Cameroon, but he wanted to pursue his international career with the USMNT.
On Sunday the USMNT defeated Northern Ireland 2-1 and Siebatcheu started the game, but was substituted in the second half. For his international debut he decided to use his mother's maiden name on his jersey and not his father's last name. His mom has African origins so he feels proud to represent part of his culture.
Siebatcheu was born in Washington D.C. and that is why he was eligible to play for the United States men’s national team. This is not the first time he uses his mother’s last name, Pefok, in his jerseys because uses it in his club team as well.
Te recomendamos en English
- World News Chinese Rocket: when and where will it fall to earth?
- US News Fourth stimulus check: What are Biden's economic proposals according to the unemployment report?
- LALIGA Real Madrid vs Sevilla: times, TV & how to watch online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Guardiola fumes at officials as City pay penalty against Chelsea
- BARCELONA 0-0 ATLÉTICO Piqué: "We're still alive, from now on, anything could happen"
- US NEWS Third stimulus checks: how many payments were made in the last batch?