LaLiga finds no evidence Cádiz's Cala racially abused Valencia's Diakhaby
The investigation into the incident in Sunday’s LaLiga match found no proof that the Cádiz player racially insulted Valencia’s Mouctar Diakhaby.
LaLiga’s investigation into the incident between Cádiz player Juan Cala and Valencia’s Mouctar Diakhaby has found no evidence the Cádiz player racially insulted Diakhaby, as the Valencia said had happened. After an in-depth analysis of the audio and video footage of the game, LaLiga has found no proof Cala said ‘negro de mierda’ (‘black shit’), the insult Diakhaby said Cala had insulted him with.
Expert analysis of audio and video
The investigation was put in the hands of specialists who cleaned up the audio of the recording of the game and also used lip-readers to clarify what Cala said in the incident between the two.
The only expressions that could be gleaned from the study were: “Mierda” (shit), “Déjame en paz” (Leave me in peace), and “Perdona, no te cabrees” (Sorry, don’t get mad). There was no proof of the racist insult Diakhaby was convinced he had heard.
On the basis of the report, it is expected the investigation will be finalised and the findings made public.
There is still an ongoing investigation by the Competition Committee into what happened in the 28th minute of the Cádiz - Valencia game, which saw the match suspended for 24 minutes.
Cádiz will not take legal action
In light of the results of the investigation, Cádiz told Spanish radio station Cadena Ser that they would not be taking legal action against Valencia.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Woodley gets ‘I love Jake Paul’ tattoo, wants rematch
- US NEWS What is the meaning of racketeering? How long is a racketeering charge sentence?
- Porter agrees to max extension with Nuggets
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS What qualifies a child for social security benefits?
- NBA Philadelphia 76ers Morey says there is 'hope' for reconciliation with Ben Simmons
- MLB Yankees move ahead as the AL Wild Card chase enters final furlong