Liverpool close in on RB Leipzig's Konate, Barça to offer Ansu Fati new deal
Ibrahima Konate is reportedly poised to swap Bundesliga side RB Leipzig for Premier League giants Liverpool.
Is Ibrahima Konate bound for Anfield?
The 21-year-old defender has caught the eye of both Liverpool and Manchester United. But, the Merseyside club appear set to win the race for his signature.
Top story – Konate heading to Anfield
Liverpool have agreed a deal to sign Ibrahima Konate from RB Leipzig, according to the Guardian.
Konate had also been linked with Premier League rivals Manchester United, who are eyeing a new centre-back at Old Trafford.
But Liverpool have reportedly agreed a five-year contract with Konate, who has a €35million (£30.5m) release clause.
- The front page of Saturday's Mundo Deportivo reports Barcelona want to offer a new and improved contract to teenage sensation Ansu Fati, which would keep him at Camp Nou until 2026. The 18-year-old, previously linked to United, until at least 2022, with the option to extend it by a further two years.
- What does the future hold for Milan goalkeeper Gianluigi Donnarumma? The 22-year-old Italy star's contract is set to expire at the end of the season and he is yet to re-sign at San Siro amid links with United, Chelsea, Paris Saint-Germain, Juventus and Real Madrid. While Milan remain hopeful of keeping Donnarumma, Calciomercato says they have begun conversations with Lille's Mike Maignan.
- Milan, Inter and Roma are eyeing Torino captain and star forward Andrea Belotti, claims Calciomercato.
- Fabrizio Romano reports Manchester City are set to sign Metinho in the same deal with Fluminense team-mate Kayky.
- Madrid remain optimistic about the possibility of signing Kylian Mbappé from PSG, according to Le Parisien. Mbappé has been tipped to join Los Blancos, who have also been linked with Borussia Dortmund's Erling Haaland.
Recommended in English
- Coronavirus Is armpit pain after the covid vaccine or booster shot a normal symptom?
- SOCCER Mohamed Salah sends message to Barcelona
- MLS Jesse Marsch linked to LAFC job after being sacked by RB Leipzig
- USMNT Christian Pulisic explains struggle on the road to recovery
- MANCHESTER UNITED Man United manager Rangnick delivers a 'chapeau' to Ronaldo work-rate
- NBA Did the Bucks' Giannis Antetokounmpo miss the game against Miami Heat?