Carvajal ruled out for rest of season
He suffered a muscle injury in Tuesday's Champions League draw at home to Chelsea and will be out of action for at least three weeks.
Real Madrid right-back Dani Carvajal suffered a muscle injury in Tuesday's 1-1 draw with Chelsea and underwent medical tests on Thursday that have since confirmed the extent of the injury, meaning he will be out of action for three weeks.
This duration has ultimately ruled the Spaniard out of all of Madrid's run-in, unless they advance to the Champions League final, however even if he recovers in time, it would be optimistic for him to play given the amount of time he has spent on the sidelines.
Carvajal suffered the injury against Chelsea and tried to stay on, but eventually had to be replaced by Odriozola.
Defensive headache for Zidane
With his absence, Zidane has a serious problem at right-back. For most of the season he has used Lucas Vázquez in that position to make up for the long-term injury to Carvajal, but the Galician has also said goodbye to the season after the knee injury he suffered in El Clásico.
Zizou's options are reduced to reconverting Nacho to right-back or using Odriozola in that position, a player he has not trusted all season.
Recommended in English
- Cryptocurrency How do NFTs hurt the environment?
- NFL Who is the lowest paid player in the NFL? Is there a minimum salary in American football?
- NFL Which NFL team is on longest drought without a Conference Championship Game appearance?
- NFL Brittany Matthews responds to critics amid champagne celebration of Chiefs' win
- TAX SEASON 2022 What is IRS Letter 6419 and what should I do if I receive it?
- NBA Juancho recalls tough times at Boston: "There was no room for me"