José Juan Macías in the radar of Atlanta United
The bosses from Chivas have offered to sell their 21-year-old striker to the Major League Soccer side if they sell Josef Martínez.
Josef Martínez has reached full fitness after being out for over a year due to a knee injury in the opening game of the 2020 Major League Soccer regular season. The Venezuelan striker has made two appearances in the current season, but the bosses from Atlanta United might consider selling the 27-year-old in the upcoming summer transfer window.
This will free the designated player spot and the team managed by Gabriel Heinze will look to rejuvenate their roster for the remainder of the 2021 MLS regular season. According to multiple reports, the ‘Five Stripes’ bosses are interested in signing ‘JJ’ Macías from Chivas after the conclusion of the 2021 Guardianes tournament later this month.
Atlanta United empieza a pensar en el reemplazo de Josef Martínez:— Patrick Meehan Nader (@TsunamiPix) April 29, 2021
• Buscan venta fuerte para buscar reemplazo de nivel
• Buscan un atacante joven y ya fue ofrecido JJ Macías de Chivas
• Les gusta la idea de reemplazar a Josef con Macías
• Toca analizar números $ pic.twitter.com/MEX0zgJysz
Closer to MLS than Europe
The 21-year-old Mexican striker has also been linked with a move to Krasnodar of the Russian League this summer. But according to ESPN, ‘JJ’ Macías is closer to joining the Major League Soccer side than Krasnodar and the bosses at Chivas have agreed to transfer him this summer.
José Juan Macías has made 6 goals and 1 assists in 14 appearances in the Liga MX this season. He has been one of the most consistent Mexican strikers in the past three tournaments when he played with Club León and Chivas recently.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Mbappé transfer: the nuclear option to force his departure from PSG
- EURO 2020 Busquets: "We'll send Van der Vaart a leg of ham as a thank you present"
- NBA Durant responds to Pippen after Bulls legend says Nets star 'doesn't have what LeBron has'
- TENNIS Defending champion Simona Halep ruled out of Wimbledon
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS $300 unemployment benefit: which states still keep payments?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Florentino explains Sergio Ramos' and Zidane's departures