Floyd Mayweather fires back at Canelo Alvarez's latest comments
The Mexican commented that in his prime, he would have beaten Floyd. The American boxing legend didn't take long to answer back and leave a snarky comment.
While promoting his fight with Billy Joe Saunders, Saul "Canelo" Alvarez recently stated in an interview that if he had fought "Money" in his best moment, he would undoubtedly have beaten the American. News of Alvarez's comments traveled fast, and last Thursday, Floyd answered back.
"It's crazy that Canelo has said that, because when I fought him he was in his best moment of his career, where as I, was an old man, I was not even in my best moment.", said the undefeated champ while sitting next to his next opponent Logan Paul at a press junket.
Mayweather compared "Canelo" to Logan Paul
The legendary fighter said that such as the time he faced Alvarez, he will now fight a young boxer, one that he expects to teach that experience is what matters in the world of elite boxing.
"Same as now with Logan Paul, He is a young rival, although I am older I have much more experience and I'm going to show him that fighting at the elite level is something else entirely." Stated Mayweather.
Canelo vs. Billy Joe Saunders
The Mexican beat the British in an official bout this Saturday, May 8th, by TKO. Alvarez, after the fight, declared that he wants to fight Caleb Plant, IBF titleholder. In addition, Canelo is now free of a broadcasting contract, meaning he has more freedom of choice regarding his opponents.
For his part, both Mayweather and Logan Paul keep training and focus on their upcoming matchup this June 6th in Miami. In what promises to be an exciting spectacle to watch, given all the promotion that has been behind it.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Gonzalo Higuaín returned to the MLS Team of the Week
- LALIGA SANTANDER Coutinho reaches 100, but Barcelona won't pay Liverpool variable
- SOCCER | BARCELONA Koeman: Clasico Barcelona fans incident reflects "social issues"
- NBA | BULLS Bulls 'want to win now' after following in Michael Jordan's footsteps with 4-0 start
- MLB When was the last time the Astros and Braves won the World Series?
- WORLD SERIES Who are the MLB World Series winners by year?