Floyd Mayweather fires back at Canelo Alvarez's latest comments
The Mexican commented that in his prime, he would have beaten Floyd. The American boxing legend didn't take long to answer back and leave a snarky comment.
While promoting his fight with Billy Joe Saunders, Saul "Canelo" Alvarez recently stated in an interview that if he had fought "Money" in his best moment, he would undoubtedly have beaten the American. News of Alvarez's comments traveled fast, and last Thursday, Floyd answered back.
"It's crazy that Canelo has said that, because when I fought him he was in his best moment of his career, where as I, was an old man, I was not even in my best moment.", said the undefeated champ while sitting next to his next opponent Logan Paul at a press junket.
Mayweather compared "Canelo" to Logan Paul
The legendary fighter said that such as the time he faced Alvarez, he will now fight a young boxer, one that he expects to teach that experience is what matters in the world of elite boxing.
"Same as now with Logan Paul, He is a young rival, although I am older I have much more experience and I'm going to show him that fighting at the elite level is something else entirely." Stated Mayweather.
Canelo vs. Billy Joe Saunders
The Mexican beat the British in an official bout this Saturday, May 8th, by TKO. Alvarez, after the fight, declared that he wants to fight Caleb Plant, IBF titleholder. In addition, Canelo is now free of a broadcasting contract, meaning he has more freedom of choice regarding his opponents.
For his part, both Mayweather and Logan Paul keep training and focus on their upcoming matchup this June 6th in Miami. In what promises to be an exciting spectacle to watch, given all the promotion that has been behind it.
Te recomendamos en English
- TENNIS Emma Raducanu "hungry" to improve after US Open win
- US NEWS What did Simone Biles say in her testimony to the FBI regarding Larry Nassar allegations?
- Jacksonville Jaguars "No chance" - Jaguars coach Urban Meyer rules out return to college football with USC
- SOCCER FIFA survey shows majority of fans back more frequent World Cups
- NBA Lisa Byington makes history as Milwaukee Bucks announcer
- MLB MLB round-up: Bichette matches career high and Ray fans 13 for Jays, Giants streak snapped