Henry Martin to join Mexico’s Olympic team this summer
The three players above the age of 23 that are expected to join Mexico’s Olympic team are Henry Martín, goalkeeper Guillermo Ochoa and Luis Romo.
The Mexico national team suffered a painful loss against the United States men’s national team in the final of the CONCACAF Nations League. Now they have to quickly flip the mood, as they have two tournaments ahead this summer: the Olympic games and the Gold Cup.
The three veteran players to join Mexico in Tokyo
Jaime Lozano will be in charge of Mexico’s Olympic team this summer and he has to submit the final roster by 1 July. The Mexican coach can only add three players above the age of 23 for the tournament and according to multiple reports he has already made up his mind.
Henry Martín (Club América), Guillermo Ochoa (Club América) and Luis Romo (Cruz Azul) could be the three experienced players that will participate in the Olympic tournament for the first time in their careers. This means that these three won’t take part in the Gold Cup this summer with the senior team.
The senior Mexican national team has three friendlies ahead prior to the start of the CONCACAF tournament. El Tri is in Group A alongside El Salvador, Curaçao and a team to be determined and the group stage begins on 10 July.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?