GOLF | US OPEN
How much money does Jon Rahm earn for US Open 2021 win?
The Spanish player saw a happy ending to his recent disappointments and went home with the top prize in San Diego, ahead of
The US Open win earns Jon Rahm a tidy financial boost along with the deserved prestige. The Basque player, who on Sunday became the first Spanish champion of the US major, received the famous trophy - a fairytale ending he said- and also bumped up his prize winnings that are among the highest on the circuit.
Rahm rakes in the US prize money
Rahm's haul from the tournament amounts to $2,250,000 of the $12.5 million that made up the total prize pot. That figure jumps the 26-year old to the top of the circuit earners, with just over $3.8 million this year. South African play Louis Oosthuizen was second in San Diego and for that earned $1,350,000, while the American Harris English took home $861,457 for finishing in third.
As well as Rahm, two other Spaniards, Sergio García and Cabrera Bello, picked up a check too. Cabrera won $29,664 for coming in the top-50 and Garcia $157,646 for ending in 19th position.
Te recomendamos en English
- UFC UFC 266: Volkanovski's sweary outburst after brutal title defence over Ortega
- NFL Who plays Sunday Night Football tonight? | TV, time and following games in NFL Week 3
- REAL MADRID Camavinga: "Playing at the 2022 World Cup is a goal for me"
- PSG PSG given Messi boost ahead of Man City Champions League tie
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals break record amid 15-game winning run
- CORONAVIRUS US Where are the Delta variant danger zones?