Second golden state stimulus in California: when will the payment arrive?
California residents will benefit from a second golden stimulus check beginning at the end of August, the state’s Franchise Tax Board representative said.
Following the state's largest economic recovery bill, a $100 billion Comeback Plan passed by California Gov. Gavin Newsom in mid July, a second Golden State Stimulus package has now been signed by the Governor to carry on helping Californians towards their pandemic recovery.
When will the first payment be made?
According to a Monday release from the state's Franchise Tax Board representative, payments will be distributed starting at the end of August and will carry on every two weeks. Those residents who applied for direct deposits will most likely receive their payments in their accounts between 1 September and 15 October.
Taxpayers who issued a tax return after 20 August will have to wait a little more for their payments, as it takes up to 45 days to process the return and the payment to be released.
Paper checks will be released by the last three digits of your zip code, although if your tax return was issued after your zip code set date for distribution, you will have to wait an extra 60 days. Click here to check the exact distribution dates according to your zip code.
Essential California: Second round of $600 stimulus checks could benefit 2 out of 3 Californians https://t.co/bcZsD8hMOb— Los Angeles Times (@latimes) May 11, 2021
Gov. Gavin Newsom’s office stated that approximately two out of every three Californians will benefit from the second $600 paycheck, or $1100 in case of families.
How will residents receive the payment?
Just like the federal stimulus checks, California’s payment will be distributed either by direct payment to individual’s bank accounts or by paper checks. On a regular basis, residents who applied for the aid, will receive their payment in the option previously selected for refunds in their tax return.
Therefore, those who selected direct deposit as their refund selection, will receive the money directly into their bank accounts, whereas those who received their money by mail paper checks could be either because they selected the option or because they received an advanced refund or paid tax fees with the refund.
Are you eligible for the payment?
In order to qualify for the golden check, residents must :
- Have an AGI <$75,000 for the 2020 tax year
- Been a state resident for at east half of the 2020 year
- Been a state resident the date payment checks are issued
- Not claimed dependent by any other family member or taxpayer (“dependent” refers to any qualifying child or relative)
- Have filed taxes for the previous year before Oct.15 2021
However, those whose incomes come mostly from any other aids are also excluded from the Paycheck, including unemployment, disability insurance (SDI), VA disability, Social Security, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), State Supplementary Payment (SSP), Cash Assistance Program for Immigrants (CAPI) and CalWorks.
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCCER Atlético Madrid: Trippier has his future mapped out
- NFL Buffalo Bills 31 vs Tennessee Titans 34 summary: score, stats, and highlights | NFL Week 6
- MLB Boston Red Sox annihilate Houston Astros in Game 3
- NFL NFL week 6 highlights: scores, updates, big wins and losses
- USMNT Gio Reyna could miss November international break
- NBA LeBron discusses injuries ahead of Lakers-Warriors clash