Barcelona to recoup mythical golden away strip
Barcelona's second kit next season will be gold, harking back to the iconic strip the team wore during the early 2000s.
FC Barcelona will revert back to one of their classic kits next season. Barça's away strip for 2022/23 will be a pale gold colour, similar to one which the team wore during the 2000s. Nike manufactured several gold kits for the 2001-02 and 2003-04 seasons - both as the team's second strips. There was also a gold training top produced by Nike during the same period.
The inspiration behind the gold colour came from the trophies the club won and its ambitions at the turn of the millennium. Barça's away kit for the 2020-2021 season was also gold but the club decided to move away from the colour this season when the team will wear its mauve second strip when away from home.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $200 Social Security, tax return, Child Tax Credit, Golden State payment...
- NFL Cardinals 11 vs. 34 Rams summary: scores, stats and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Raiders part ways with general manager Mike Maycock
- NFL The insufferable Superb Owl jokes: a rant
- PACO GENTO 1933-2022 Real Madrid legend Paco Gento passes away aged 88
- AFCON Salima Mukansanga to lead all-female officiating AFCON line-up