Mbappé rejected massive wage rise offer from PSG
PSG, who are hoping Mbappé will sign a new deal, offered him a salary of 45 million euros net per season - a total of 135 million before tax.
Kylian Mbappé will spend the rest of the season at PSG. The French club rejected all of the offers presented by Real Madrid in August in their attempt to bring him to Spain. According to Le Parisien, Mbappé turned down yet another to renew his contract - one which would have made him the highest earner in the squad.
Mbappé turns down pay rise
The Parisian newspaper report that PSG's most recent offer to renew Mbappé's contract included a pay rise which would see the player earn 45 million euros net per season. After tax, Mbappé's salary would come to 135 million euros a year when factoring in income tax, social security payments plus a huge bonus for renewing. But once again, the 22-year-old striker didn't accept. Had he done so, he would have become the best paid member of the first team squad, ahead of Messi and Neymar.
So Mbappé is now in the final year of his contract and will be able to start negotiating with other clubs from 1 January. Al Khelaïfi has four months to make the player change his mind. Mbappé had intended to leave PSG in August and for the moment, is resisting every offer of a new deal - even one which would make him extremely wealthy.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT | HALLOWEEN MOVIES How to watch all Michael Myer's Halloween movies in order and where to find them
- NFL Who's left for Rodgers after Adams, Lazard out due to COVID
- SOCCER | LALIGA Ancelotti hits out Barca fans who showed Koeman 'a lack of respect'
- MLB Braves and Astros finalize roster ahead of World Series Game 1
- CORONAVIRUS | COVID-19 VACCINES Pfizer vaccine recommended for children 5 - 11; when could young children get vaccinated?
- Best haunted houses in Texas, Illinois, Michigan: corn mazes, asylums, and car washes