Marc Gasol set for Girona return - L’Esportiu
L'Esportiu report Marc Gasol will spend next season playing for Girona. His return could be made official tommorrow, when an announcement is expected.
Marc Gasol is set to return to Girona. At least that is the latest claims from Catalan outlet L’Esportiu. What we do know, is that the Spanish center has been traded by the Lakers to the Grizzlies and is negotiating a buy-out with the Memphis-based franchise to elect his next destination, which looks increasingly like it will be Spain. Following a heady few months in the NBA and his retirement from the national team, Marc looks set to take a new path with the club where he is president and spent two seasons playing between 2006 and 2008. Girona are currently in the LEB Oro division - the second tier of the Spanish basketball league.
Marc exploded on the scene in the summer of 2006, when he picked up a gold medal with Spain at the 2006 FIBA World Championships in Japan. He followed that with his best years in Spain at Akasvayu Girona. The NBA beckoned and he moved stateside for the 2007-08 season.
Akasvayu was dissolved in June 2008 due to mounting debts and in 2014, Marc founded Básquet Girona where he is president. The player has never hidden his love for the club and has repeated on many occasions that his wish is to retire from the game playing for Girona. After a slight dip in form in the NBA and now aged 36, Marc's dream could be about to come true.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Denver Broncos vs Cleveland Browns live online: scores, stats and updates | NFL Week 7
- MLB Braves vs. Dodgers live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series
- US NEWS Is the Social Security increase for 2022 the largest in US history?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?
- NBA NBA 20/21 season to feature 109 international players from 39 countries