Chivas parts ways with manager Victor Manuel Vucetich
One week away from the ‘Super Clásico nacional’ against Club América, the bosses from Chivas have decided to release the Mexican manager due to poor results.
Chivas defeated Pachuca 1-0 on matchday 9 of the 2021 Apertura tournament in Liga MX on Saturday night with a late goal from Jesús Ricardo Angulo. With the three points in their pocket, the team from Guadalajara climbed to seventh place with a record of 3W-4D-2L and a total of 13 points.
Vucetich out of Chivas
After the game against Pachuca, the bosses from Chivas decided to part ways with manager Victor Manuel Vucetich due to the poor results in the current campaign. The Mexican manager has not been able to take the team from Guadalajara to fight for the top spots, so they decided to release him one week before the game against América.
“Chivas wants to confirm that starting today [Sunday] Victor Manuel Vucetich will no longer manage the team and we want to thank him for the work he did in the last 13 months. During his time Chivas managed to return to the playoffs and we will always be thankful for that,” read the statement.
“We will announce in the next few days who will take over the managerial job ahead of the ‘Super Clásico Nacional’ next weekend against Chivas at the Azteca stadium. The idea is for the team to fight for first place in each tournament,” concluded the statement.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Rodgers taunts Bears fans: "All my f****** life I own you" after Packers win
- NFL Browns QB Mayfield dislocates shoulder again but expects to play Thursday
- SERIE A Johan Vásquez scores in his Serie A debut with Genoa
- REAL MADRID Benzema has his eyes set on this year's Ballon d'Or
- SOCCER | REAL MADRID Mbappé looks to follow Ronaldo's path at Real Madrid
- NBA Simmons returns to 76ers practice, will play 'when he's ready'