Moise Kean comes in for injury-hit Immobile in Italy's Nations League squad
Lazio striker Immobile was forced to withdraw from Roberto Mancini's squad after picking up a muscle injury in last week's Europa League win over Lokomotiv.
Italy have called up Juventus striker Moise Kean for next week's Nations League final four tournament to replace the injured Ciro Immobile, the Italian Football Federation said on Sunday. Lazio's Immobile was forced to withdraw from Roberto Mancini's squad after picking up a muscle injury in his side's Europa League win over Lokomotiv Moscow on Thursday.
On Saturday, Kean played just 45 minutes of Juve's 1-0 Turin derby victory over Torino and was replaced at half-time by coach Massimiliano Allegri. The 21-year-old returned to Juventus from Everton over the summer on an initial loan deal with an obligation to buy.
Italy will host the Nations League tournament which gets underway next Wednesday when the Azzurri take on Spain at the San Siro Stadium in Milan before Belgium face France in Turin in the second semi-final on Thursday. The winners meet in the final next Sunday. Italy beat Spain on penalties in the Euro 2020 semi-finals this summer.
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS At what age can you collect Social Security?
- Health What is ‘Golden Blood’, the incredibly rare blood type known as Rhnull
- ALFREDO RELAÑO LaLiga's conundrum in trying to schedule match-day 21
- NFL Divisional round predictions: Bengals vs Titans, 49ers vs Packers, Rams vs Bucs, Bills vs Chiefs
- NFL LA Rams' QB Matthew Stafford is ready to play the Bucs
- COPA DEL REY Athletic Club vs Barcelona summary: score, goals, highlights, Copa del Rey 2021-22