Minnesota chosen to host the 2022 MLS All-Star Game
Major League Soccer confirmed on Tuesday that the 26th annual exhibition match will move to St. Paul and is scheduled to be played on 10 August 2022.
Major League Soccer announced on Tuesday that the 2022 All-Star Game will be played at Allianz Field in St. Paul on 10 August 2022. The league’s commissioner, Don Garber, said that Minnesota has earned the right to host this event next campaign.
The eighth pro-sports all-star game held in Minnesota
"Not only do I think we have the best stadium, we've got the best supporters," The Loons' coach, Adrian Heath, said. "You only have to see this stadium on game day, sold out every week, incredible atmosphere. What we've done on and off the field since we've been here is just rewards for everybody who has put so much time and effort in over the last few years."
The game will be played at Allianz Field and this is a new stadium that opened in April 2019. Minnesota United played their first two campaigns at the University of Minnesota’s TCF Bank Stadium and they have been a great success in the city. Allianz Field has a capacity of roughly 19,600 seats and has a natural grass field.
The Loons' stadium has hosted two CONCACAF Gold Cup group stage matches and a USWNT exhibition game. Minnesota has staged several all-star games, such as: MLB in 1965, 1985 and 2014, NBA in 1994, NHL in 1972 and 2004, and WNBA in 2018. The MLS All-Star Game will be the eighth pro-sports all-star game held in St. Paul.
Recommended in English
- GLOBAL NEWS How much money has baby shark made?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Francisco Gento, ‘The Gale of the Cantabrian Sea’
- NFL Seahawks fire defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr.
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team