Sergio Ramos' PSG debut delayed yet again
Le Parisien report that the Spain international is still training apart and will not make his long-waited debut this weekend or next week against Leipzig.
Any hopes that PSG might have had of finally seeing Sergio Ramos make his debut for the team this weekend have vanished. According to reports by Le Parisien, the Spain international did not train with the rest of the squad this morning and is ruled out of Friday's Ligue 1 meeting with Angers. Under the circumstances, it is highly unlikely that he will make his debut in Tuesday's Champions League game against Leipzig.
Ramos won't be risked
On Monday, Le Parisien assude that there was a chance that Ramos could enter the squad list for this weekend's home game against Angers. However, the defender still needs time to build up his rhythm to back to competition level, as he still has not been able to train with the group and Pochettino won't be taking any risks that could affect the player.
A couple of weeks ago, the Argentine coach revealed that no specific date has been set for Ramos' return. The situation remains exactly the same now, as PSG's medical staff will not know for certain the level of the defender's fitness until they can assess him training at full pace with the squad. Since signing for PSG on a free transfer in July, Sergio Ramos has yet to play for his new club - either in a friendly or official competition. It's turning into a melodrama which has gone on far too long with one of the club's big-name signings of last summer.
Recommended in English
- NFL Wide receiver to wide back, the evolution being driven by the 49ers Deebo Samuel
- NFL Playoff Power Rankings: Packers, Rams, Chiefs | NFL Playoffs
- NFL NFL Wild Card Review: Games, Conclusions and Reflections
- AFCON Guinea-Bissau vs Nigeria: AFCON, times, TV and how to watch online
- AFCON AFCON Group D matchday preview: Egypt vs Sudan and Guinea-Bissau vs Nigeria
- Middleton admits Bucks need a Holiday from sorry slide as Grizzlies come into view