Official: Sergio Ramos joins PSG
The French club announced the signing of Ramos with a statement from the player: "For me, it's a privilege to be able to wear the number 4 shirt at Paris Saint-Germain".
Sergio Ramos is officially a PSG player. The French club have this evening released a statement to announce their new signing. The 35-year-old defender has signed for the next two seasons. Negotiations have taken place over the past few days between PSG and Ramos' entourage.
Joins PSG until 2023
On Wednesday, The Spanish defender flew to Paris to conclude the deal. He landed at Le Bourget airport before heading to the American Hospital in Neully to carry out a medical. He was then taken to the PSG offices, where he signed his new contract.
Ramos' arrival marks the culmination of an extraordinary summer for PSG. The Spanish international was joined by the signings of Gini Wijnaldum and Achraf Hakimi, players who represent an important leap for a team aspiring to win the Champions League. Italy goalkeeper Donnarumma has also been snapped up, although his signing is not yet official. The Italian goalkeeper does not want anything to distract him from the European Championship and it will not be announced until after the final has been played on Sunday.
Offers from the Premier League
As AS reported on 21 June, Sergio Ramos decided to prioritise the offer he had from PSG over two offers he had from England. The proximity of the French capital to Spain, the good climate of the city and the sporting project of the club have convinced the experienced player.
Te recomendamos en English
- GOLF US dominates Europe to reclaim Ryder Cup
- CORONAVIRUS | VACCINES What is a religious exemption for the Covid-19 vaccine? Are any religions against the vaccine?
- US NEWS Would the government shutdown impact SNAP benefits?
- NFL What were the Bucs-Rams ratings | NFL Week 3
- SOCCER Arteta urges Arsenal consistency after derby win over Tottenham
- NBA NBA: Kyrie Irving, the covid-19 vaccine and the "plan of Satan"