Carlos Vela and Chicharito earn more than the top scorer in MLS
The Mexican strikers make 94.5% more than the DC United player who currently is in the race to win the 2021 MLS Golden Boot with 17 goals.
Ole Kamara is in the race to win the golden boot this year thanks to the 17 goals he has scored in 25 appearances with DC United. The striker from Norway has been on top form this year, but he'll likely have to keep scoring in the last few games because Raúl Ruídiaz from Seattle has 16. According to research from AS USA, Kamara earns around $335 thousand per season, which doesn’t compare to other strikers who have scored less goals than him.
Difference in MLS salaries
Carlos Vela (LAFC) and Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernández (LA Galaxy) had a lot of ups and downs during the 2021 MLS regular season that is about to end. The LAFC player has scored five goals and provided four assists but he has missed a total of 14 games this campaign due to a hamstring injury.
The Mexican international is entering his last year in his contract with LAFC and there has been no talks about a renewal. Vela is the highest paid player in Major League Soccer and he makes $6.3 million per season.
On the other hand, Chicharito started the 2021 MLS season scoring 10 goals in 10 games, but he got a calf injury that forced him to miss 12 consecutive games. But he has bounced back and he tallied 14 goals and three assists with the LA Galaxy.
There are three games left of the campaign and Hernández can fight for the golden boot. The Mexican international is the second highest paid player in Major League Soccer. Chicharito earns $6 million and in 2020 he signed a three year contract with the option to one more.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $200 Social Security, tax return, Child Tax Credit, Golden State payment...
- NFL Cardinals 11 vs. 34 Rams summary: scores, stats and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Raiders part ways with general manager Mike Maycock
- NFL The insufferable Superb Owl jokes: a rant
- PACO GENTO 1933-2022 Real Madrid legend Paco Gento passes away aged 88
- AFCON Salima Mukansanga to lead all-female officiating AFCON line-up