Which Bachelorette season 19 contestant is rumored to be the next Bachelor?
The rumor mill is abuzz with speculation that one of the contestants from Season 19 of The Bachelorette will be the franchise’s next Bachelor.
Season 19 of The Bachelorette is coming to an end with “the most emotional finale” in its history to be presented live. Hot on the heels of the first ever Bachelorette with a duo picking from the largest group of candidates in the franchise’s history will be the official announcement of the next Bachelor.
Rumor has it that Zach Shallcross, one of the contestants who pulled himself out of the running to get down on one knee from the current Bachelorette, will be the next Bachelor according to reports.
Zach Shallcross, the presumed next Bachelor
The star of the upcoming 27th season of ABC’s The Bachelor, set to air in sometime early 2023, is rumored to be a familiar face from the current season of The Bachelorette. Zach Shallcross was one of final contenders for bachelorette Rachel Recchia before he walked away.
It had appeared that there was chemistry between the two, but something changed during their time together in the Fantasy Suite. During Tuesday’s finale before the rose ceremony, Zach pulled Rachel aside to tell her that his feelings had changed. Although he had seen a future with her, he said “I felt like I was seeing ‘Bachelorette Rachel,’ not the real Rachel I had come to know and love.” Then he left the hotel.
But that isn’t the last of the “old-fashioned romantic” who according to his ABC bio “is serious about finding a love that will lead to marriage.” Variety reports that sources say Zach will be the next Bachelor. Video of the 26-year-old tech executive filming his intro as the next star obtained by Reality Steve seems to back up that reporting.
A native of Anaheim Hills, California, he currently works for Oracle in Austin, Texas according to Women’s Health. He was given a lot of camera time to explain why he had to say goodbye to Rachel showing his “huge heart that he is so ready to share forever with the right woman.”
Mini-scandal knocks Nate Mitchell out of the running
Zach wasn’t the only contestant from Season 19 of The Bachelorette that had been considered. Numerous members of the 32-strong bachelor pool had been in the running, but one of the strongest candidates seemed to be Nate Mitchell.
However, his chances plummeted after some of his exes put his “good guy” character in doubt. He was accused of hiding the fact that he has a daughter from one former girlfriend for a year and a half. In another accusation, it was said that he recently dated two women at the same time but kept both of them in the dark about the other. Mitchell appeared on Men Tell All to apologize for the way he he acted and explained as for not mentioning that he had a daughter, that was to protect her from “the instability” of his dating life.
The potential for a duo of Bachelors down the road
This season was the first time the franchise had two eligible singles picking a potential partner during the same season. Rachel Recchia was joined by Gabby Windey, both had been contestants in the last season of The Bachelor where they formed a strong bond.
When asked if there could be co-Bachelors in the future, host Jesse Palmer said “it would not shock me.” He thinks because the reality show tries to keep things fresh, that somewhere down the road a “dynamic duo” from a previous Bachelorette season could be in the cards.