The famed anime is about to end, but if you want to get into the story of Eren Yeager vs. the titans, we tell you the order and where you can watch the whole series.
Attack on Titan (or Shingeki no Kyojin in its original language) is about to end. The anime inspired by Hajime Isayama's manga is in its final stretch and if you haven't seen one of the most acclaimed anime of the last few years, now is the perfect time to watch it. The final season of Attack on Titan is currently airing, and we can't deny that we're excited to see how it ends. We also can't deny that the hype for the series is at an all-time high and that there will be people who want to know what all the fuss is about. If you're one of those lucky ones who can enjoy - and maybe suffer - watching the series for the first time, but have no idea where to start, we've put together this list for you to follow the story of Eren Yeager and his fight against the titans, and the streaming services where you can watch the series.
How to watch Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) in order?
Attack on Titan is one of those anime that have become a cultural impact, not only in Japan, but in the world. For those who do not know the story, Attack on Titan is set in a world where humanity lives inside cities surrounded by three enormous walls that protect them from the gigantic man-eating humanoids referred to as Titans; the story follows Eren Yeager, who vows to exterminate the Titans after a Titan brings about the destruction of his hometown and the death of his mother.
If you want to see all the Attack on Titan material in order, this is the correct order, taking into account the main series, as well as the OADs:
- Attack on Titan: Season 1
- Attack on Titan: Ilse’s Journal (Shingeki no Kyojin OVA)
- Attack on Titan: No Regrets (Shingeki no Kyojin: Kuinaki Sentaku)
- Attack on Titan Season 2 (Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2)
- Attack on Titan Season 3 (Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3)
- Attack on Titan: Lost Girls (Shingeki no Kyojin: Lost Girls)
- Attack on Titan Season 3 Part 2 (Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2)
- Attack on Titan: The Final Season (Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season - Currently airing)
Where to watch Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan)?
Watching anime is a much simpler affair than it was a few years ago. With more and more streaming platforms it is a process that is not only legal, but ends up supporting the art that many love. Attack on Titan is not far behind and fortunately, we can find it on various streaming platforms without having to access other tools. It is worth mentioning that some platforms have better access than others, even bringing simulcast episodes a few minutes after their premiere in Japan.
Below is the list of streaming platforms where you can watch Attack on Titan, starting with the one with the most content from the series:
- Crunchyroll - All episodes and OADs are available on this platform in their original language with subtitles. You can watch everything for free with ads, but if you are looking to watch the most recent episode, you will have to wait a week or pay for the subscription.
- Funimation - A very close second place, where just like the first place, you can watch everything for free with ads. There are even episodes that are dubbed, if that's important to you. Like Crunchyroll, the most recent episode will be available only if you are a subscriber.
- Hulu - Although the anime selection on Hulu is not very wide, it is nice to know that Attack on Titan is available on the platform. That said, we won't find the bonus episodes here, nor will we be able to watch episodes for free, so consider it.
- Amazon Prime Video - Although not available on subscription, the Amazon Prime Video platform allows you to watch Attack on Titan by purchasing each of the seasons. These come both in their original language and dubbed into English. Unfortunately, you can only find up to season 3.