Second victim comes forward in connection with Real Madrid youth team sexual video case
The Canary Islands court has revealed that the case involving the case of a sexual video allegedly being spread by Real Madrid youth players has a second victim.
The case involving four players from the Real Madrid youth academy in the alleged unauthorised spreading of a video with sexual content has two possible victims, as reported by the Superior Court of Justice of the Canary Islands.
The Investigative Court number 3 of San Bartolomé de Tirajana (Gran Canaria) has already taken charge of the case and opened proceedings once the Civil Guard delivered the report with its investigations. This led to the arrest of three players last week from Real Madrid Castilla and Real Madrid C in the Valdebebas training ground, as well as the accusation of a fourth player, all for the crime of disclosure of secrets.
The arrests were made after a woman in Gran Canaria reported that a video of sexual content of her daughter, a 16-year-old teenager, had been spread on WhatsApp while she was having a sexual relationship with a soccer player in the Real Madrid youth team. The two are said to have met at the beginning of the summer at a beach club on the island.
The aforementioned sexual relations were consensual, but the affected person did not authorise being recorded and even less so for the video to be spread via social channels on a mobile phone, according to the version of events given by the accuser. The Court made clear on Monday 18 September that there are “two alleged victims” in the case.
According to the new report, to which AS has had access, the second victim is an 18-year-old girl from Gran Canaria. The girl declared that she was going to appear as a witness, but “upon having the information that she was also recorded in the video under investigation”, she decided to formally report the alleged incident. The new victim pointed out that a friend told her that someone saw the video in which she appears with the players in question.
According to the report, the two girls argued with two players, demanding that they deleted the video of them. Another player reproached his teammates for having carried out the recording. The accuser affirms that at no point did she give consent for the recording to take place and assures that the players knew her friend was under-age.
The first decision adopted by the Court is that a complete check of the four mobile phones seized by the Civil Guard from the accused be carried out. At the same time, the judge wants to hear the testimony of the two women affected by the images. Next, the Court adds, “it is expected that the accused will be summoned to testify about the alleged “crimes against privacy.”
Real Madrid’s initial statement:
“Real Madrid wishes to announce that it has learned that a Castilla player and three Real Madrid C players have made statements to the Civil Guard in relation to a complaint about the alleged broadcasting of a private video via WhatsApp. When the club has detailed knowledge of the facts, we will take the appropriate measures” the club announced in a statement when the news initially broke on September 14.