Spain's Carolina Marín aiming for Olympic medal
The Spanish World Number 1 looks ahead to this summer in Brazil and admits she has some changes to make to her tactics and her game.
Spanish badminton player Carolina Marín said she sees the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro next summer as “another tournament”, with the aim being to take home “a medal”.
“For the new season we’re going to have to make some tactical changes and improve some little things. I’ve got some time to improve, and then we’ll focus on the tournaments. The Games are one more tournament. The aim is an Olympic medal”, said the world number 1 from Huelva in south-west Spain.
The women’s world singles champion in 2014 and 2015 is satisfied with what she’s achieved, particularly in what is a minority sport in Spain. “I’m proud that people are getting to know badminton, and above all that people are want to play it”, said Marín.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Will unemployment benefits be extended after May unemployment rates?
- NBA PLAYOFFS Clippers' Chris Paul allowed back for Game 3 after covid issue
- US NEWS What's the Blue Alert? why was it activated in Florida?
- BOXING Who is fighting in Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder undercard?
- US NEWS $500 tax rebates: which New Jersey residents will receive the money?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check: Why is another payment not included in the bipartisan infrastructure bill?