Spain's Carolina Marín aiming for Olympic medal
The Spanish World Number 1 looks ahead to this summer in Brazil and admits she has some changes to make to her tactics and her game.
Spanish badminton player Carolina Marín said she sees the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro next summer as “another tournament”, with the aim being to take home “a medal”.
“For the new season we’re going to have to make some tactical changes and improve some little things. I’ve got some time to improve, and then we’ll focus on the tournaments. The Games are one more tournament. The aim is an Olympic medal”, said the world number 1 from Huelva in south-west Spain.
The women’s world singles champion in 2014 and 2015 is satisfied with what she’s achieved, particularly in what is a minority sport in Spain. “I’m proud that people are getting to know badminton, and above all that people are want to play it”, said Marín.
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League United worry ahead of Liverpool game as De Gea limps off for Spain
- Spain U-21 Barcelona teenage sensation Ansu Fati makes Spain U-21 debut
- PSG Tuchel: "It's not nice to hear Neymar saying he wants to leave"
- FOOTBALL UEFA charge Bulgaria over racist chants and Nazi salutes
- Euro 2020 Euro 2020 qualifying tables
- BARCELONA Barcelona planning 589 km bus trip to Eibar