Augusto Fernández: “I’ll be back ASAP”
The Argentinean was stretchered off during Atlético’s 2-1 defeat at the hands of Barcelona after suffering a partial ligament tear in his knee.
Augusto Fernández tweeted a picture of himself putting his feet up and looking well rested following the painful partial ligament tear he picked up on Sunday that forced him to leave the Camp Nou on the back of a stretcher. Despite the setback, the former Celta midfielder’s mind was put at ease somewhat when it was confirmed he would not need an operation to treat the injury. His recovery is expected to take somewhere in the region of six weeks. “I’d like to thank everyone for the messages of support. I’ll get back to full fitness ASAP”, he wrote.
Recommended in English
- FORMULA 1 Lewis Hamilton wants to see change in Saudi Arabia
- SOCIAL SECURITY What is an unrestricted Social Security card? How can I apply for it?
- NFL Bucs' Bruce Arians wants the NFL to look at other teams.
- LALIGA Barcelona vs Betis: times, TV and how to watch online
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What is the difference between an abortion pill and Plan B?
- SOCCER AC Milan defender Simon Kjaer out for the rest of the season after undergoing knee surgery