"Tired, sleepy" Neymar has a lot on his mind at the moment
Tax woes in Spain, legal battles in Brazil, calling Valencia's Barragán 'hijo de puta' on camera, the missed penalty, United's alleged super-offer.
It's no wonder that Neymar showed up to Barcelona training in camouflage gear today; he just can't get no peace. Not that any of it seems to be affecting the ánimo of the bubbly Brazilian, taking it all in his stride has been turned into an artform by Jr; almost as artful as his on-pitch performances.
He was his usual ebullient self today, laughing and joking with teammates in the 'rondo' - the keep-ball circles - as if he doesn't have a care in the world. In a way, he doesn't really.
Hence, his latest selfie on Twitter with club colours plastered all over his Barça beanie (A message to Manchester United?), with the caption "Tired and sleepy" with three laugh-until-I-cry emoticons.
Maybe there's no message at all and he's just tired from the game and happy that Luis Enrique has given him Friday off. After all, not every professional footballer's Tweet is a cryptic clue into the future, is it?
Recommended in English
- NFL Tom Brady 'remains noncommittal’ about playing in 2022; Bruce Arians remains hopeful
- NFL What teams are left in the NFL playoffs?
- Real Madrid Benzema: "Madrid is everything to me, I feel at home here"
- SERIE A Vlahovic: Fiorentina say no offers for in-demand striker
- BAYERN MUNICH Bayern want Lewandowski and Neuer to end careers in Munich
- NFL Buccaneers' Tom Brady picked up first career unsportsmanlike conduct penalty vs Rams