Leo Messi trains normally and has one eye on Celta game
La Pulga resumed his normal training schedule after receiving treatment for kidney stones on Tuesday. Barcelona face Celta at 20.30 CET on Sunday.
As expected, Leo Messi was back training at Barcelona's Ciutat Esportiva training ground on Thursday, and joined the rest of his team-mates ahead of Sunday's league clash against Celta Vigo (Camp Nou, 20:30 CET). Messi made a swift return after receiving treatment for kidney stones on Tuesday which had been causing the Argentine some discomfort since the Club World Cup in December.
La Pulga could be given the all-clear to play on Sunday as Barça aim to move further ahead of rivals Atlético Madrid and Real Madrid at the top of the table. Nevertheless, the toll of Barcelona's recent fixture congestion may also mean that Luis Enrique brings the Argentine back gradually and he could start on the bench.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $200 Social Security, tax return, Child Tax Credit, Golden State payment...
- NFL Cardinals 11 vs. 34 Rams summary: scores, stats and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Raiders part ways with general manager Mike Maycock
- NFL The insufferable Superb Owl jokes: a rant
- PACO GENTO 1933-2022 Real Madrid legend Paco Gento passes away aged 88
- AFCON Salima Mukansanga to lead all-female officiating AFCON line-up