REAL MADRID 4 - ATHLETIC 2 | ISCO
"Copa final at the Bernabéu? As a Madridista I wouldn't like it"
Second-half sub Isco assessed Real's win over Athletic on Saturday: "We put in a really good display and it will stand us in good stead for Roma."
Real Madrid midfielder Isco had words of praise for his side after their 4-2 win over Athletic Club on Saturday afternoon.
Real were ahead inside two minutes through Cristiano Ronaldo, only for the visitors to level through Javier Eraso shortly afterwards.
However, goals from Toni Kroos and James Rodríguez, followed by another from Cristiano, ensured all three points for Real, before Gorka Elustondo headed in a late consolation for the Basques.
And Isco, who was a second-half substitute for Los Blancos, said: "It was a really close-fought first half; we scored early, but they were quick to get themselves level too. We kept at it though, and at the end of the first half we managed to get ourselves back on the scoresheet."
Athletic: "They approached the game really well and they had their chances, but in general I think we put in a really good display and it will stand us in good stead for [Wednesday's Champions League last-16 first leg against] Roma."
Being among the subs: "In a season with lots of games, you have to rotate and keep everyone fresh. It's crucial that we're all at 100% so that we can all do our bit for the team."
Real fans' chants against the Copa del Rey final being played at the Bernabéu: "As a Madridista, I wouldn't like it either".
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 TAX FILING How to check your adjusted gross income for tax filing and the third stimulus check
- NFL Roethlisberger to stay with Steelers for 2021 after agreeing new deal
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: what's the deadline for the Senate vote?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks What are automatic stimulus checks and will they become a reality?
- 2021 TAX FILING Tax Return 2021: how to calculate what you pay with income brackets and rates
- 2021 TAX FILING Tax credit for child care: how much it is per child and family?