Carolina efforts not enough for Spanish win in first match
The girl from Huelva won her singles and doubles matches but the Spanish women's team went down 3-2 to Bulgaria in the first group game.
The Spanish women's team started their campaign in Kazan, Russia with a defeat to Bulgaria.
In the opening match of the group, Carolina Marín overcame Linda Zetchiri, 21-15 and 21-14, but this advantage was cancelled out in the second singles match with Petya Nedelcheva defeating Beatriz Corrales.
Spain then went on to lose the next singles and doubles matches before world number one Carolina finished the tie with a doubles win alongside Corrales.
The final scores were as follows:
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Arturo Vidal: "I will always carry Barça in my heart"
- Tottenham Hotspur Tottenham's 'plan Bale'
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Luis Suárez agrees to Atletico move, Morata back to Juventus
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: Democrats and Republicans look to strike deal on payment
- Coronavirus How many coronavirus cases are there in Sweden without lockdown?
- Emmy Awards Emmy Awards 2020: The list of winners