Carolina efforts not enough for Spanish win in first match
The girl from Huelva won her singles and doubles matches but the Spanish women's team went down 3-2 to Bulgaria in the first group game.
The Spanish women's team started their campaign in Kazan, Russia with a defeat to Bulgaria.
In the opening match of the group, Carolina Marín overcame Linda Zetchiri, 21-15 and 21-14, but this advantage was cancelled out in the second singles match with Petya Nedelcheva defeating Beatriz Corrales.
Spain then went on to lose the next singles and doubles matches before world number one Carolina finished the tie with a doubles win alongside Corrales.
The final scores were as follows:
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCCER Real Madrid's Vinicius outshining his idol Neymar at PSG
- Technology Which phones will no longer support WhatsApp starting on November 1?
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many people will benefit from the Social Security increase in California?
- NFL NFL Commissioner Goodell: WFT probe results won’t be released
- NFL | STEELERS Steelers coach Tomlin says he would 'never' take college job
- NBA | LAKERS Westbrook: "I'm not used to people cheering for me on the road"