Maduro interrupts economic policy speech with "Viva Messi!"
The Venezuelan president surprised attendees at a policy meeting by taking time out to acknowledge the Argentinean's scoring feats for Barça.
Venezuela’s President Nicolás Maduro caused his listeners to sit up during a speech about new economic policies his government plans to implement when he interrupted his discourse to acknowledge Leo Messi’s feat of reaching 300 league goals with Barcelona. “Viva Messi and Viva Catalunya!” Maduro shouted to the surprise of those in attendance, who were then quizzed by the president as to whether they were fans of Barcelona or Real Madrid.
It was not the first time that Maduro has expressed his admiration for the Camp Nou club. On one occasion during a meeting of the Venezuelan parliament the president shouted: “Viva Barcelona, Viva Messi […] and Viva Luis Suárez, and his sharp teeth!”
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Real Sociedad vs Barcelona, how and where to watch: times, TV, online
- Coutinho 'on the right track', says Bayern Munich coach Flick
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool: Dejan Lovren could be out until the New Year
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool: James Milner thrilled with new contract extension
- Lampard won't discuss future with out-of-contract players until January
- PREMIER LEAGUE Lampard: "I know Pulisic has a lot more to give to Chelsea"