Maduro interrupts economic policy speech with "Viva Messi!"
The Venezuelan president surprised attendees at a policy meeting by taking time out to acknowledge the Argentinean's scoring feats for Barça.
Venezuela’s President Nicolás Maduro caused his listeners to sit up during a speech about new economic policies his government plans to implement when he interrupted his discourse to acknowledge Leo Messi’s feat of reaching 300 league goals with Barcelona. “Viva Messi and Viva Catalunya!” Maduro shouted to the surprise of those in attendance, who were then quizzed by the president as to whether they were fans of Barcelona or Real Madrid.
It was not the first time that Maduro has expressed his admiration for the Camp Nou club. On one occasion during a meeting of the Venezuelan parliament the president shouted: “Viva Barcelona, Viva Messi […] and Viva Luis Suárez, and his sharp teeth!”
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: what is ivermectin and how does it work?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: UK lockdown could end "in weeks" says government advisor
- Coronavirus Coronavirus UK: Police chief calls for public to play their part this weekend
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: what is furlough and how will it affect workers?
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Details of Neymar Sr's meeting with Bartomeu to resolve lawsuit revealed
- India Coronavirus India: Why and when to switch off lights and light candles?