Rudy could return against CSKA Moscow on 2nd March
The shooting guard underwent surgery on a discal hernia on 3 December. In the next few days he will return to train with the team.
Rudy Fernández has started to see the light at the end of the tunnel. The shooting guard underwent surgery on a discal hernia on 3 December – the third time he has gone under the knife during his career to remedy a persistent back injury but his return to the game is nearing. A few weeks ago he ruled out being back in time for Real Madrid’s assault on the Copa del Rey but medical staff are confident he will be back for the team’s key Euroleague Top 16 clash with CSKA Moscow at the Barclaycard Center on 2 March.
Before then, Pablo Laso’s men must get through their Matchday 8 meeting with Brose Baskets Bamberg in Germany on Thursday night. On their return, Rudy will be reincorporated into the squad to train as normal, with contact. Once the shooting guard fully settles back into the side, Laso will have 15 players available for the final stage of the campaign but the coach says Rudy should not hurry his return. “We shouldn’t set a concrete date for his sreturn because the most important thing is that Rudy feels well in himself first. His movement has improved a lot and we want him to feel comfortable within the side”, Laso said today.
Te recomendamos en English
- PLAYSTATION Horizon Zero Dawn free on PS4 and PS5: date, times and how to download
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Overpayment of unemployment benefits: should I give it back?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Why has the demand for vaccines decreased in some states of the country?
- NFL NFL Draft: A look back at the 2020 first round
- OSCARS 2021 What 2021 Oscar Nominees are available on what streaming services (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video)?
- OSCARS 2021 Which movies have won the Oscar for Best Picture each year?