Rudy could return against CSKA Moscow on 2nd March
The shooting guard underwent surgery on a discal hernia on 3 December. In the next few days he will return to train with the team.
Rudy Fernández has started to see the light at the end of the tunnel. The shooting guard underwent surgery on a discal hernia on 3 December – the third time he has gone under the knife during his career to remedy a persistent back injury but his return to the game is nearing. A few weeks ago he ruled out being back in time for Real Madrid’s assault on the Copa del Rey but medical staff are confident he will be back for the team’s key Euroleague Top 16 clash with CSKA Moscow at the Barclaycard Center on 2 March.
Before then, Pablo Laso’s men must get through their Matchday 8 meeting with Brose Baskets Bamberg in Germany on Thursday night. On their return, Rudy will be reincorporated into the squad to train as normal, with contact. Once the shooting guard fully settles back into the side, Laso will have 15 players available for the final stage of the campaign but the coach says Rudy should not hurry his return. “We shouldn’t set a concrete date for his sreturn because the most important thing is that Rudy feels well in himself first. His movement has improved a lot and we want him to feel comfortable within the side”, Laso said today.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win