Cavendish, Wiggins take Madison gold
The pair combined to make Britain proud at the first round of the Revolution Series.
The British pair of Bradley Wiggins and Mark Cavendish won a thrilling Madison race to bring down the curtain on the 2016 Track World Championships in London on Sunday.
The pair built up their points total in early sprints then made a decisive move late in the 200-lap race to gain a lap on their rivals with Cavendish even surviving a late crash which led to him changing his bike.
France, who took an early lap directly from the start, were left with silver while a second place in the last sprint won Spain the bronze.
Te recomendamos en English
- GAMING Where to buy PS5: stock updates at Walmart, Costco, GameStop Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- US NEWS $300 unemployment benefits: are there new proposals to extend them?
- Liga MX Chivas vs Leon live online: Liga MX Playoffs Semifinal Leg 1
- US News What stimulus and executive actions does Biden plan for his first 100 days?
- PSG Neymar: What I want most is to play with Messi again
- NBA NBA 2020-21 season: Lakers-Clippers clash, Durant's Warriors reunion headline opening night