Former Sarkozy cabinet minister points finger at Nadal
Former French Health and Sport Minister Roselyne Bachelot has accused Rafa Nadal of doping in declarations made on national televisionSuper Bowl 2018 live online: Patriots vs Eagles
Former French Minister for Health and Sports Roselyne Bachelot has accused Rafa Nadal of doping during current affaits programme Le Grand 8, broadcast by Canal+ affiliate D8. The former member of Nicolas Sarkozy's cabinet, a trained pharmisit, expressed his views on the Spanish tennis player in relation to the recent admission by Maria Sharapova, who tested positive for banned cardiac drug Meldonium in the last Australian Open. "We know that the famous injury which kept Nadal out for seven months is without any doubt because he tested positive. When you see a tennis player out of action for a long time, it's usually because they've tested positive", the politician said.
Rafa Nadal has never tested positive in doping controls, but he has been under suspicion in France since 2011. Ex-French player Yannick Noah published an article in Le Monde in which he put Nadal's success down to doping. Following those accusations, the French version of satirical puppet show Spitting Image, depicted Nadal signing autographs with a syringe.
Te recomendamos en English
- NETFLIX What's coming to Netflix in December 2020 and what's leaving: movies, tv series...
- BOXING When was the Mike Tyson last fight and what was the result?
- Coronavirus When is the coronavirus vaccine arriving in the US according to Trump?
- GAMING Where to buy the Xbox Series X|S on Black Friday: restock times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- BOXING Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: dates, fight card, PPV price, TV and how to watch online
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby