Former Sarkozy cabinet minister points finger at Nadal
Former French Health and Sport Minister Roselyne Bachelot has accused Rafa Nadal of doping in declarations made on national televisionSuper Bowl 2018 live online: Patriots vs Eagles
Former French Minister for Health and Sports Roselyne Bachelot has accused Rafa Nadal of doping during current affaits programme Le Grand 8, broadcast by Canal+ affiliate D8. The former member of Nicolas Sarkozy's cabinet, a trained pharmisit, expressed his views on the Spanish tennis player in relation to the recent admission by Maria Sharapova, who tested positive for banned cardiac drug Meldonium in the last Australian Open. "We know that the famous injury which kept Nadal out for seven months is without any doubt because he tested positive. When you see a tennis player out of action for a long time, it's usually because they've tested positive", the politician said.
Rafa Nadal has never tested positive in doping controls, but he has been under suspicion in France since 2011. Ex-French player Yannick Noah published an article in Le Monde in which he put Nadal's success down to doping. Following those accusations, the French version of satirical puppet show Spitting Image, depicted Nadal signing autographs with a syringe.
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Ledecky going for gold, medal count, results, today 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Ledecky aiming for two golds in a day with Titmus in the way
- REAL MADRID Official: Real Madrid defender Varane signs for Manchester United