OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL
Brazil, Argentina, Lithuania and Nigeria - Spain's rivals in Rio
Spain will face Argentina, Lithuania, Nigeria, Brazil and one of the teams who classify for the Games from the preliminary round.
Spain's national basketball team now know the identities of the teams they will face in this summer's Rio 2016 Olympics Games (6 to 21 August). Team coach Sergio Scariolo might have preferred a kinder draw: Spain will face Argentina, hosts Brazil, Eurobasket runners-up Lithuania (with Maciulius, Valanciunas, Kuzminskas...) and the powerful Nigeria. There will be another addition to Group B with one team joining from the perliminary round. The groups look as follows:
Grupo A: USA, Venezuela, China, Australia + two teams from qualifying berths 1 and 3.
Grupo B: Spain, Argentina, Nigeria, Brazil, Lithuania and one team from qualifying berth 2.
Spain's Women's basketball team have to secure their place in Rio through the qualifying round, which will take place in France between 13 and 19 June. Should they pass through the mini-league round, they could face either South Korea or Nigeria for a place at the Games.
The Women's Groups look as follows:
Grupo A: Australia, Brazil, Japan + teams from qualifying berths 1, 3 and 5.
Grupo B: USA, Canada, Senegal, Serbia + teams from qualifying berths 2 and 4.
Te recomendamos en English
- Diego Maradona dies: The greatest of all just left us – former Argentina team-mate Russo
- DIEGO MARADONA 1960-2020 Diego Maradona: Napoli could rename stadium after legend
- Diego Maradona dies: Guardiola pays tribute to 'man of joy' as Klopp hails Argentina great
- INTER 0-2 REAL MADRID Real Madrid player ratings vs Inter: Hazard, Lucas, Rodrygo...
- US NEWS How to cook turkey - recipes for Thanksgiving: time, temperature in oven, seasoning...
- US News California unemployment benefits fraud: who stole from the state?