OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL
Brazil, Argentina, Lithuania and Nigeria - Spain's rivals in Rio
Spain will face Argentina, Lithuania, Nigeria, Brazil and one of the teams who classify for the Games from the preliminary round.
Spain's national basketball team now know the identities of the teams they will face in this summer's Rio 2016 Olympics Games (6 to 21 August). Team coach Sergio Scariolo might have preferred a kinder draw: Spain will face Argentina, hosts Brazil, Eurobasket runners-up Lithuania (with Maciulius, Valanciunas, Kuzminskas...) and the powerful Nigeria. There will be another addition to Group B with one team joining from the perliminary round. The groups look as follows:
Grupo A: USA, Venezuela, China, Australia + two teams from qualifying berths 1 and 3.
Grupo B: Spain, Argentina, Nigeria, Brazil, Lithuania and one team from qualifying berth 2.
Spain's Women's basketball team have to secure their place in Rio through the qualifying round, which will take place in France between 13 and 19 June. Should they pass through the mini-league round, they could face either South Korea or Nigeria for a place at the Games.
The Women's Groups look as follows:
Grupo A: Australia, Brazil, Japan + teams from qualifying berths 1, 3 and 5.
Grupo B: USA, Canada, Senegal, Serbia + teams from qualifying berths 2 and 4.
Te recomendamos en English
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How many people are getting an unemployment tax break refund?
- 2021 TAX REFUND $10,200 unemployment tax break refund: how to know if I will get it
- ENTERTAINMENT Who was Halston and when and how did he die?
- Boxing What weight class did Floyd Mayweather fight in during his professional career?
- US NEWS Who is Elise Stefanik, Liz Cheney's replacement in Republican Party leadership?
- NBA NBA Play-In 2021: which players and coaches are in favor of the new format?