Varane: "I always want to play, but it's Zidane's decision”
“I’ve been playing with the best for the past five years and I’ve never lost heart,” the France defender admitted in an interview with L'Equipe.
Raphael Varane, who recovered his place in Real Madrid’s starting line-up against Sevilla on Sunday due to the suspensions for Pepe and Ramos, talked about his current situation at Los Blancos in an interview with L'Equipe.
“I always want to play and Zidane knows that. But he’s the one who makes the decisions. I’m working to be ready,” the defender said.
Alongside Ramos, Varane was a firm favourite in Zidane’s first games in charge of Los Blancos. However, Pepe's recovery and return to form has seen the Frenchman lose his place. “Zidane has so much experience from his playing days and he can easily put himself in our place. He knows what we’re thinking. He tries to make sure I’m progressing and he always has a positive outlook,” he said.
“I’m happy at Madrid and in football it’s useless thinking in the long term. I try to improve and we’ll see how my situation develops. I’ve been playing with the best for the past five years and I’ve never lost heart. I know how to start well and get stuck in when it’s needed. My decision-making has also improved,” Varane added.
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- CORONAVIRUS What are the new CDC mask guidelines for schools?
- OLYMPICS USA played with freedom in bounce-back Iran victory – Kevin Durant