Cristiano: "I won't force him but I'd love my son to be a player"
The Real Madrid forward took part in a reality show about football produced by Chinese broadcaster Zhejiang Satellite TV and spoke about his hopes for his son.
Cristiano Ronaldo was the special guest on a reality dedicated to football, produced by Chinese broadcaster Zhejiang Satellite TV. During a chat with hosts, Cristiano spoke about his hopes for his son. "I'd like him to become a footballer, like me", he said. “I think he has some qualities which sportsmen have, he's got those characteristics. Obviously he's still very young, he's only a boy, he's five years old but he loves football and that's an advantage. I've got about 30 football at home and he's always kicking a ball about, he loves it”.
But Cristiano added that he would never oblige his son to go into something for his own wishes. “I'd never force him to go into football because that has to come to him naturally; whatever he does, it has to come from him. He will become the person he wants to be, not who I want”, Cristiano said, before changing his mind: “Having said that, obviously I'd love it if Cristiano Junior became a player and a top player like his dad”.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and Child Tax Credit live updates: can it be passed in August? Dates, tax return, opt-out...
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 3 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS Tokyo Olympics: Warholm breaks own record of 46-second in 400 m hurdle gold run
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GYMNASTICS How many Olympic medals has Simone Biles? What's her position in US historical ranking?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics: Belarus must answer to IOC over Tsimanouskaya saga
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics Recap: Warholm hurdles into history, Durant inspires USA into basketball semis