Giorgi aiming for third time lucky in Katowice final
The Italian world number 45 is into a third consecutive final in Katowice and will face Dominika Cibulkova in Sunday's final.
Fifth seed Camila Giorgi reached her third final in Katowice on Saturday with a 6-4, 6-3 victory over Jelena Ostapenko and will play Dominika Cibulkova in the final after the Slovakian defeated Pauline Parmentier 7-5, 6-0.
Giorgi, the world number 45, was beaten in last year’s final by Anna Karolina Schmiedlova and by Alize Cornet in 2014. The Italian holds a 2-0 career record over Cibulkova, winning their previous meetings in Istanbul last year and on home soil in Rome the season before.
Te recomendamos en English
- DEREK CHAUVIN TRIAL George Floyd verdict and closing arguments: what has defense and prosecution stated?
- PLAYSTATION Horizon Zero Dawn free on PS4 and PS5: date, times and how to download
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Overpayment of unemployment benefits: should I give it back?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Why has the demand for vaccines decreased in some states of the country?
- OSCARS 2021 Which movies have won the Oscar for Best Picture each year?
- European Super League Florentino Pérez on European Super League: "We are doing this to save football"