Giorgi aiming for third time lucky in Katowice final
The Italian world number 45 is into a third consecutive final in Katowice and will face Dominika Cibulkova in Sunday's final.
Fifth seed Camila Giorgi reached her third final in Katowice on Saturday with a 6-4, 6-3 victory over Jelena Ostapenko and will play Dominika Cibulkova in the final after the Slovakian defeated Pauline Parmentier 7-5, 6-0.
Giorgi, the world number 45, was beaten in last year’s final by Anna Karolina Schmiedlova and by Alize Cornet in 2014. The Italian holds a 2-0 career record over Cibulkova, winning their previous meetings in Istanbul last year and on home soil in Rome the season before.
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Bayern Munich's Ryan Johansson joins Sevilla
- MANCHESTER UNITED Tahith Chong's agent suggests Manchester United exit
- IBIZA 1-2 BARCELONA Barcelona player ratings as Griezmann avoids Ibiza shock
- PREMIER LEAGUE Raiola discusses the "elephant in the room" with Pogba and United
- COPA DEL REY Unionistas 1-2 Real Madrid live online: Copa del Rey 2019/20
- Transfers Hazard, Griezmann and João Félix head up record 2019 transfer spend