Torres elects Esnáider to save Getafe
The Argentine was Míchel's assistant at the club and will now take the reigns at the stricken club. His first game in charge will be Madrid's visit on Saturday.
Juan Eduardo Esnáider has been confirmed as new Getafe coach by Ángel Torres and his mission is simple: keep Getafe in the top flight as six games remain in the current season. The Argentine was at the club previously as Michel's assistant and his announcement was made official at lunch time the afternoon.
His assistant will be Mauricio Elena and Óscar García will remain as fitness coach. Esnaider will oversee his first training session tomorrow morning and will later hold a press conference where he will face the media for the first time in his new position.
The 43 year old will sit on the Gefate bench for the first time on Saturday as Real Madrid are the visitors to the Coliseum. Angel Torres yesterday claimed that three wins from the remaining six games should see the "Azulones" safe.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Unemployment benefits: can self-employed workers qualify for a new round of payments?
- BOXING Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk: fight card, TV & how to watch online
- OTHER SPORTS Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk: how much does the winner make?
- NFL Stafford give Rams slight edge in blockbuster Bucs clash
- NBA Clippers chief unsure if Kawhi Leonard will play this season
- NBA NBA denies Warriors star Wiggins' request for covid-19 vaccination exemption