Torres elects Esnáider to save Getafe
The Argentine was Míchel's assistant at the club and will now take the reigns at the stricken club. His first game in charge will be Madrid's visit on Saturday.
Juan Eduardo Esnáider has been confirmed as new Getafe coach by Ángel Torres and his mission is simple: keep Getafe in the top flight as six games remain in the current season. The Argentine was at the club previously as Michel's assistant and his announcement was made official at lunch time the afternoon.
His assistant will be Mauricio Elena and Óscar García will remain as fitness coach. Esnaider will oversee his first training session tomorrow morning and will later hold a press conference where he will face the media for the first time in his new position.
The 43 year old will sit on the Gefate bench for the first time on Saturday as Real Madrid are the visitors to the Coliseum. Angel Torres yesterday claimed that three wins from the remaining six games should see the "Azulones" safe.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Men's 100m, track & field, medal count, results, today 31 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | WRESTLING What types of wrestling are at the Olympics? Differences, rules, format and score system
- GOLD CUP FINAL 2021 Gold Cup final: USA vs Mexico - times, TV and how to watch online
- SUPER LEAGUE Tebas dismisses court ruling asking UEFA to revoke action against Super League trio
- NBA Draft 2021 NBA draft 2021: which players have been selected by each team and main transfers?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo 2020: Why is LeBron James not playing at the Olympic Games?