Leicester City tickets going for near £8,000 online
Tickets for Leicester City's final home game of the season against Everton are selling for almost £8,000 ($11,396, 9,999 euros) online, it emerged Tuesday.
Imagine if you had put 2.50 on Leicester to win the Premier League at the start of the season. If you had, you would easily be able to afford tickets to their final match against Everton when they might just complete the most improbable of league wins in the history of the Premier League. Maybe in the history of any league.
9,999 euro. That's what it'll cost you to be there against Everton in their final home match.
The Foxes need just three wins from their final five games to seal a remarkable Premier League title success after starting the season as 5,000/1 outsiders.
Season tickets sold out last May, with the club putting a cap of 23,000 in their 32,500 capacity King Power Stadium.
After the remaining tickets for the Everton match on May 7 sold out within 90 minutes on Monday, one online site was selling individual tickets for £7,869.14.
'Demand was higher for City's final home match and penultimate league fixture of an extraordinary campaign, with the vast majority of Gold and Family Fox Members able to secure their seat,' said a club spokesman.
'The unauthorised sale of football tickets is a criminal offence under UK law. Leicester City Football Club will take action against any ticket touting or any attempt to resell tickets for above their face value.
'We encourage all supporters to report any such activity to the club.'
After all, that's a lot of coffee and donuts.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- Stimulus Checks Second $600 Golden State stimulus check: when will I receive it and how to track
- US NEWS California stimulus check: when will the payments arrive and who qualifies?
- PSG Lionel Messi's PSG contract details revealed
- Soccer Pele in hospital: daughter says he's recovering well
- MLB MLB results: Los Angeles Dodgers beaten by Cincinnati Reds