Mariano out as Castilla aim to keep promotion drive alive
Real Madrid Castilla travel to Portugalete level on points with Barakaldo at the top of the table but without top scorer Mariano available.
Real Madrid Castilla have emulated the senior side in recent weeks, achieving what seemed like an impossible task by reeling in Barakaldo at the top of the Segunda División B Group II table. In three weeks, Castilla have slashed Barakaldo’s eight-point lead and now sit top of the table, level on points with the Basque side but with head-to-head advantage.
On Saturday, Luis Miguel Ramis’ side travel to Portugalete, who sit in 19th place in the division and are 10 points from safety with 12 left to play for. A loss to Castilla could relegate the Basques to Tercera after just their second season in history in Segunda B. Both sides are under pressure but Portugalete don’t give much away at home; in their last three games at La Florida, Carlos Doncado’s side have gained seven points without conceding a goal. Barakaldo play immediately before Castilla and Portugalete kick off, at home to third-placed Real Unión.
Castilla will be without top scorer Mariano Díaz, who has banged in 22 goals this season, and defender Sergio Reguilón.
Te recomendamos en English
- International Soccer Mexico 2-3 Ecuador summary: score, goals, highlights, exhibition match
- MLB Braves vs. Astros commentary, scores, stats and updates: World Series Game 2
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands
- NFL Report: Cardinals DE J.J. Watt could miss rest of season
- NFL Who plays Thursday night football?
- NBA Lakers outclassed in Oklahoma in a night of NBA surprises