Sprain means Inigo Martinez's season could well be over
The defender suffered a Grade II sprain to his left knee in today's session and with just two weeks of the season to go, he may not return this term.
Iñigo Martínez and Jonathas were late additions to the casualty list as Real Sociedad ended their preparations for Real Madrid's visit to Anoeta this morning. The Ondarroa-born centre-back, who only this week signed a new contract with the Txuri Urdin, picked up a knee injury at the end of today's workout in Anoeta.
Real Sociedad's medical staff confirmed the injury - a Grade II sprain, with partial tear to the patellar tendon. When asked about the defender in the pre-game press conference, coach Eusebio Sacristán said: "It's a Grade II injury and there's only two weeks of the competition left to play an with the injury he's got, it means we won't be able to count on him".
Iñigo joins a list of players who won't be available for La Real until the pre-season - Imanol Agirretxe, Sergio Canales, Carlos Martínez and Raúl Navas, the latter is still recovering from a long-term injury and has yet to appear since returning from his loan from Eibar.
Recommended in English
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team
- US NEWS Which fast food restaurants accept EBT food stamps?
- 2022 TAX SEASON Are the tax brackets the same if I am retired?
- NFL Titans could activate RB Derrick Henry ahead of Bengals clash