Chelsea plan to sell Diego Costa if they can sign Higuaín
Simeone is anxious to have Costa back at the Calderon despite stiff competition from the Chinese Super League with a rumored offer of 90 million for the striker.
It's no longer a secret. Diego Costa wants out of Chelsea and Atletico want him back at the Calderon with Simeone making it clear that the striker he needs for the 2016/17 campaign is Costa. He's interested in no-one else and the Argentinean coach holds plenty of sway within the Calderon club offices.
Chelsea in turn will want to maximize their income in letting the forward go as new coach at the West London club Antonio Conte has singled out Napoli Gonzalo Higuaín as the player he wants to lead the Chelsea front-line next season. The Argentine striker could cost the English club up to 48 million euro.
At present it's business at usual in SW6 with Diego Costa even posing in the new Adidas 2016/17 shirt campaign with the player himself under contract to share the image via his own social media networks.
Costa signed for the "Blues" in the summer of 2014 and has bagged 35 goals in 77 games for the club. He has been unable to win over the Stamford Bridge faithful and indeed has become a focal point for many away fans sniping at the Brazilian. His on field behavior has't helped him in winning over the local media either.
The language barrier has been another obstacle for the player and has hindered his adaptation to life in England and it became clear recently that his future lies away from Stamford Bridge. A reported multi-million offer from a CSL (Chinese Super League) club has been cited but everything points to a return to the Vicente Calderon for the 27 year old forward.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win